If you work with R and try to solve problems by googling you might frequently run in to the problem that Google doesn’t accept R as a search term in itself. Sometimes it just searches for the letter ‘r’ or omits it from the search completely.
James Lavin asked users on stackoverflow what their strategy is. Here are some ideas of a long list:
- Use a different search engine
- rseek.org is mentioned several times, and indeed it is a very good tool
- Adjust your search query to indicate that you really mean R. For example with
- [R] search term (works for me)
- +R (the plus sign indicates google that you want to search for the term ‘as is’)
- .R search term
For more information just follow the link to stackoverflow.